Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Happy Birthday to Blake and Luke!






We have had a blast celebrating birthdays this past month or so! We celebrated Blake's in mid September and Luke's party was last weekend. Blake chose to have a party at home roasting smores and playing flag football. I thought that was a great idea until the day came and I realized how much work it was going to be but it was worth it in the end. Luke wanted to have his at the My Fun Zone and he had about 15 friends show up and he had a blast jumping on all of the castles and slides in the room they provided. Now this was my kind of a party. I just showed up with my kiddos and they did all of the work. At this party the kids were great! It was daddy that I had to reprimand. He and the older kids, my brother and uncle Michael were having a blast nailing people in the head with the balls that they provided. Some of the mothers sat their watching with an alarmed expression on their faces. WHEW! Glad that is over and no one got hurt but I was also glad to see the bigger boys have so much fun. Blake could have had this but he wanted a "bigger" present and a less expensive party. So now he has a Wii to enjoy thanks to his sacrifice. When this house gets sold I am going to practice and actually win a game on the Wii! I can't believe my babies are 9 and 4 and I what is even harder to believe is that Matthew and I are 30! Wow- it seems like just yesterday when we were living in the ghetto in Knoxville at the young age of 21 raising our first child. Time goes by so fast! It is the moments like these that we will always remember.

1 comment:

Liz in Memphis said...

I love all the updates, Nikki. Blake has turned into such a handsome boy! They are both going to be little heartbreakers with hearts of gold.
I love you all!