Sunday, August 24, 2008

My Birthday Surprise







Well- I cried to one too many neighbors because my husband did not get a birthday cake for me last week and now I feel oh so foolish. I hate to admit it but Matthew did a great job of scheming to make me feel like I was getting absolutely nothing but a pair of PJs for my birthday. He did such a good job that I spent about 30 minutes crying at sweet Lauren Dunns house on the night of my birthday and she sat there and consoled me but she held in the surprise that was right around the corner.


The Saturday after my birthday Matthew took me out for what he said was dinner and a movie and we took a detour to the Arrington Vineyards and we had an incredible picnic on a hill overlooking the vineyards and on top of my salad was a beautiful anniversary band. After we finished dinner I heard people breathing heavily behind me from the huge hike up the hill and when I looked back all of my friends were gathered behind us for another surprise. I cried when I saw them, especially my brother and his wife. It was a GREAT night.

2 comments:

Liz in Memphis said...

How sweet!!! I love the surprise! Matthew did a great job. I wish we'd been there to celebrate with you.
Ryan surprised me with beer olympics. Sweet in its own rite I suppose. :)

Courtney said...

Wish I could have been there! Matthew is too sweet. And you thought you just got pj pants? Ha!