Thursday, August 14, 2008




Today I turned 30! Well- I am waiting and waiting but I do not feel any different. I still fixed my coffee the same way, put my pants on one leg at a time and ate the same breakfast that I eat every day. My boys were too funny today. Luke woke up and eagerly said, "daddy told me to tell you happy birthday." And then he told me that he loved my cake and I asked him if he bought me a cake and he looked down with a disappointed look and said no! I think he just wanted cake for breakfast. Blake was quick to give me a hug and kiss, and once I told him I did not want to get upset on my birthday I only had to tell him three times to brush his teeth and put on his socks and shoes. Now- that is a huge relief. It usually takes about 10 times for him to listen in the morning. Blake's hair is getting longer and we went to get it shaped yesterday to avoid the mullet. He is so darn handsome. Matthew was quite the jester this morning. He had a case of toilet paper set out disguised as my present. But- when I turned the corner there was a Victoria Secrets box awaiting me and inside was a pair of Pink PJs I have had my eye on for the last month. So far this has been a great day! I love being 30. Maybe now the neighborhood kids will quit thinking of me as their BFFs and they will think of me as an adult. Well- I doubt it!

4 comments:

Becky said...

Welcome to the 30's! Hope your day is wonderful.

Happy Birthday!!

Ms. Sarah Sullivan said...

can't wait to celebrate with you!
love you!

Liz in Memphis said...

Welcome to the club, Nikki. I had three more days experience than you so can tell you all about being 30. It is not so bad. :)
I did think it was funny that I was so excited to have dinner and watch a movie at home on my 30th birthday night. :) Well, we did have a flip cup tournament a couple of days before, so old age is not slowing me down too much. Ok, I am rambling. This means we are in serious need of a chat.
I LOVE YOU!

Courtney said...

You are so old. I'm still 30...for a few more hours.