Sunday, August 24, 2008

Stop and Smell the Marigolds


Life goes by so fast and too often I get swept up in the craziness and I forget to stop and thank God for the important people I have been blessed with along the way. I am so thankful for each and every person that I have met along life's journey. It always saddens me when I see friends that have touched my life struggle or face a horrible situation.

Tish Riley's boyfriend Jason Myers is engaged in a fight against Melanoma right now. He and Tish spend most of their days at Vanderbilt and they are tired but determined.

As you all know- we are running a race to raise money for Cancer on December 6th in honor of my grandmother, Barbara Smith.

I am now switching my focus of where the money needs to go. We thought about giving it to a Cancer Research foundation, but helping someone that we know that is fighting for his life now would definitely make my grandmother smile down from Heaven. Her sweet spirit will even be there with us as we run cheering us on. Please pray for Jason and Tish. They are so tired but they are so determined to win this fight. If you feel led to make a donation then just let me know and I will give you the information you need to make it possible.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

YOU are such a great inspiration as a person, mom, wife, friend, athlete - your grandmother must smile everyday knowing you're still here with us.

Unknown said...

Crap - I am logged in as Brian, this is Ellie by the way! Love the new site, mine is up - but I don't have much going on there...I'll send it to you!