Tuesday, July 8, 2008

House Building 101




We have started the building process and the boys and I were able to go and meet the new neighbors while Matthew worked for hours on , well, I don't know what he was doing exactly. We swam in our new neighborhood pool and the boys had a great time. I was shy at first which is really out of character for me. Everyone I introduced myself too were incredibly nice so I had to throw my preconceived notions out of the pool gate. I was intimidated at first but they were so warm and welcoming. I began to ask one lady about the neighborhood and she referred me to Fountain Brooks HOA Message board online and she said she was the moderator. Well- I checked out the site and apparently these guys are a lot more organized than frazzled Mrs. Scrivener. I hope they don't ask me to organize anything.

Luke is swimming like a fish from one end of the pool to the other, which is amazing for a three year old. The new neighbors thought he was drowning half of the time but I had to inform them that he has his own style. Blake is my shy one and it will take him a while to warm up. He wants kids to ask him to play. But- he will adapt well and he will have tons new friends before long and they will love his sweet personality. Here are pics of our lot before it was cleared. The basement walls have been set and they are pouring the foundation Thursday. I will take pictures and publish them Friday. I miss my boys and they have only been gone for less than 24 hours.

3 comments:

Ms. Sarah Sullivan said...

aw, i love the new blog!!! so glad you joined me:) the lot looks incredible. i can't wait to see what it will look like.
sarah

Courtney said...

Love your blog! You and Sarah are more creative than me!

Becky said...

I found your blog! I will now officially be one of your blog stalkers. The lot does look incredible!