Monday, July 28, 2008

Twilight


Fact or Fiction? The book Twilight was given to me by one of my fabulous friends and at first I was a little unsure of how into this book I would get. First off- it is written for teenagers and secondly it was a love story about vampires. I actually took two books with me on vacation because I was so sure I would not enjoy Twilight but I was going to give it the benefit of the doubt. I sat down and began to read this novel and two weeks and 3 book later I have finished the series and I am patiently waiting on the release of the 4th and final book on August 1st. I am picky reader and if a novel does not make me thirst for more then it collects dust somewhere in my house, usually under my bed or in a closet. This series is the most mesmerizing work of art I have ever picked up. There were people of all ages reading it in Ohio. Every time I went to the pool someone else was oblivious to the world around them because they were so lost in the world of Bella and the Cullens. If you need a quick summer read then you HAVE to go get this book. Yes- I have reserved my copy of the 4th book and I will be at the midnight release with all of the millions of teenagers at Barnes and Noble! I am actually looking forward to completing this final novel so I can get back to reality full time. Matthew did make the comment that this book is starting to affect our marriage so he too will be happy when this all over. Also- Blake said I am NEVER allowed to talk about this book again after I have completed the series. My sweet family still loves me even though they are wearing dirty clothes because the book takes up all my laundry time. KIDDING - maybe. Oh by the way- if you have read the book you will understand this- I am for Team Edward.

2 comments:

Liz in Memphis said...

OOooohhhh .. .sounds good. I miss you so!!!

Becky said...

I am for Team Edward also!!!!!